Sunday, April 6, 2008

Jeg fotograferede Europa!

I have successfully uploaded eight Facebook albums' worth of pictures from my spring break.  At a max of 60 pictures per album, you can do the math and allocate time appropriately.  Go nuts!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

In other news, Dara and I explored Christiania, Copenhagen's 'free town' over in Christianshavn.  Not much to report on that front: it was pretty much as I'd expected.  More than a bit run down, a lot of street art and people in their 20s and 30s lounging around, plus a few Americans that we definitely recognized from DIS.  All of the smoke was giving me a headache, though, so we didn't stay for more than an hour or so, max.  I think the best part was the sign as you leave that reads, "You are now entering the EU"!

It's been a delightfully quiet weekend!  Friday night, we met up for dinner with Al, a friend of mine from the Brown Democrats, who's studying in Prague for the semester but had couch-surfed his way to Copenhagen for the weekend.  Good times, good food at Café Klimt near Nørreport, and it was fun to see a Brown person in Copenhagen that I actually know, as I seem to keep meeting new people and then discovering I've been at school with them for two and a half years.  Otherwise, I've been getting reading done, enjoying my newly functional laptop, and putting up all those pictures for you fine readers!

This evening brings a football (that is, soccer) game in Østerbro, courtesy of DIS: FCK (the København team) is playing, so my Danish teacher instructed us to wear blue and white.  I'm not sure what to expect beyond a rather long fight song that we learned in class and, one presumes, a lot of Carlsberg.  I've actually never been to a professional soccer game, come to think of it, so this should be really interesting.

No comments: