Saturday, March 8, 2008

Jeg skal til Europe!

Well, less than 12 hours from now, I'm on a bus (yes, unfortunately, bus) to Amsterdam!  The grand Spring Break 2008 tour, as scheduled, is thus:

Amsterdam (3/9-3/11): With the DIS European Politics & Society program, we'll be meeting with folks from the university, taking a canal tour, and perusing the Van Gogh Museum.  The Anne Frank House may or may not happen, but at least we'll have the nights free!

The Hague (3/11): International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia

Brussels: (3/11-3/14): All things EU, NATO, and chocolate (we're touring a factory!)

Prague (3/15-3/16): With Andy!  My Brown friend Carly, who studied there last semester, gave me a whole list of places to go and see and eat.

Vienna (3/17-3/18): We welcome any traveling tips you might want to leave in a comment!

Liechtenstein (3/19): Mostly to say we've been there.  Not sure what their currency is.

Luzerne (3/20), Grindelwald (3/21), and Geneva (3/21-3/22): Switzerland, the Alps, lakes, snow, and more chocolate!

Russia (3/23-3/29): With DIS again, to Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Novgorod.  I'm very excited, although they unnerved me a bit at the info session by telling us, essentially, to bribe policemen, pay to hitchhike, and not to worry about the not-potable water for showering, because it's not like you'll change color or anything.

In any case, that's my travel plan in a nutshell!  I'm not sure how much Internet access I'll have over the next few weeks, but I'll try to update if I can.  Either way, expect a very long post three weeks from now!

No comments: